Thursday, June 07, 2007

Jaymin is here!






Well, we went in Saturday night one day early. I was going to be induced on Sunday evening at 7pm. But, some fun things started happening to me, so my doctor had us go in to get checked. They decided to just keep me and induce me one day early. Then my water actually broke while I was there, so we would of had to go anyways. So, we were up the whole night and I was only dilating to a 2. They had me on pitocin to speed things up, but Jaymin's heart rate kept dropping so that wasn't working. By morning, they were going to give me a C-section, but said that we could wait another hour to see if things would get better. My doctor was almost 100% sure that it would be a C-section. I was so tired, so I decided to take a nap for the hour. We called my parents and Ron's mom to come to the hospital for the C-section, but told everybody to pray. So, they checked me an hour later and I had dilated to a 6. I don't think my doctor could beleive I actually progressed that much in just an hour. I new it was totally God that helped me. I did not want a c-section at all. Then about 45 minutes later, I was ready to push. He was born at 7:16 am and weighed 6 pounds 6 ounces and was 20 inches long. Here are some pictures. Ron did really good with everything. After the baby came out, my doctor did tell him to turn around and just look at the baby. She saw him getting a little sick, but he did cut the cord.

12 comments:

Bipin Sen said...

Congrats to both of you! From what I heard, you did great! We are looking forward to meeting the little guy!

Clair Boone @ www.mummydeals.org said...

What a cuite patooty!!! He is adorable adn so little! We can't wait to see you guys, we'll be over within a week i promise!

Lisa said...

Great job Bec! He is a dolly! We are SOOOOO excited to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! We are very much looking forward to meeting the newest member of our homegroup and family! I am especially proud of Ron for toughing it out. I can only imagine what that can be like. See you guys soon!

-Scott J.

candi said...

Congratulations!! He is such a peanut! Can't wait to see him!

Kathy said...

YIPEEE He is here, and he looks SO SO SO adorable. Oh becks I can not wait to see him!

Congrats again.

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you all Sunday afternoon! We were excited to meet our new friend Jaymin, and we are looking forward to our next meeting!

-Scott Jones

Beth said...

congrats Bec & Ron!! He is so cute!! love the last photo!

Fabio 'n Elizabeth Tsukayama said...

CONGRATS! I am so excited for you guys and he is adorable! That is so awesome that you were able to have him naturally too. How are things going now with the adjustment and your recovery? I hope to be over to visit and meet him soon!

Unknown said...

Congrats R&R! Hope you're enjoying him. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats to you both! Jaymin is a doll!

Lisa said...

new photos puuullllleeeeeaaassssseeeee....